Resin Injection Subsidence Repair
Subsidence is a common issue. It occurs when the ground under a building collapses, or sinks lower and takes some of the foundations of the building with it. This puts a strain on the structure of the building and as one side sinks, cracks start to appear in the building.
Subsidence repair can be expensive and time-consuming. Traditional subsidence repair methods, such as underpinning, may require excavation of the original foundations which places the building out of action until the repair is complete. However, Shire’s innovative Resin Injection Subsidence Treatment can repair even the most severe cases of subsidence in a much smaller time frame.
Shires Resin Injection Subsidence Treatment
Shire’s Resin Injection Subsidence Treatment provides an excavation-free method of foundation improvement that is the perfect alternative to underpinning. Resin injection offers a variety of advantages that other repair methods cannot and is suitable for commercial, industrial, residential and public buildings.
How it Works
Our resin injection method is conducted by first assessing the cause of movement and the structural condition of the property. Then, if resin injection is considered a viable option, holes are drilled at precise, pre-designated locations around the property. Using our levelling monitoring technology, and under highly controlled conditions, the resin is then injected into the holes to lift the property back to the required position. This process also strengthens the ground underneath to reduce the risk of future movement.
The Key Benefits of Resin Injection Subsidence Repair
- Resin injection subsidence repair is non-disruptive and distraction-free. This means that residential, business and commercial buildings can continue to run without any downtime. This means that buildings can continue to operate at full capacity.
- Resin injection subsidence repair can be completed in days, rather than the weeks or months that more traditional methods can take. Every step of the process is carefully planned and executed by experienced professionals to ensure the repair goes smoothly.
- Our resin injection subsidence treatment is suitable for a range of building types and sizes and can restore foundations back to their original condition, repairing the damage that has occurred over a number of years.
- This method of subsidence treatment is well-planned and delivered with precision to ensure that the job is completed efficiently and with as little mess and destruction as possible.
- The resin we use is incredibly strong. It can lift three-storey buildings and provide a long-lasting solution for any application.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Unlike underpinning methods, resin injection does not require any excavation which can disturb laying ground. It is also certified as having no negative impact on the environment.
For more information about our Resin Injection Subsidence Repair, please feel free to get in touch on +44 (0)1527 579933 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org where one of our experienced members of the team will be happy to help you.
Our Other Services
Civil & Structural Engineering
Engineering Innovation is at the heart of our approach to structural engineering. Shire were formed during 1988 in the belief that many clients were dissatisfied with the traditional reactive response of some Engineers.Find out more
Shire have a vast array of in-house design skills and expertise. Our dedicated telecoms team are often driving a gold design standard in the industry for others to follow. Our commitment is to provide quality design in a proactive, forward-thinking way & quickly! Our services also include site surveying, building analysis, tower analysis and line of sight surveys.Find out more
Shire originally started the geotechnical service to provide our own engineers with information on site, while the structural surveys were being carried out. This allowed us to offer a reactive, rapid response to our clients as a ‘one-stop shop’ for Design, Investigation and Construction.Find out more
As Structural Engineers, we have worked with the Property Insurance sector since 1998. We conduct structural inspections, impact damage analysis, specialist investigations and root cause analysis. All of which is engineer-led using straightforward language. Our experienced engineers are also asked to conduct Expert Reports and Expert Witness Service for homeowners and clients alike.Find out more
Shire offer a specialist building repair service registered under the Safe Contractor Accreditation and the Contractors Health & Safety Assessments schemes. In conjunction with our inspection & investigation services, we can offer a full solution from initial cause analysis through to structural repair.Find out more
Research & Development
We love a challenge! We were first asked to find a solution for repairing terraced houses in the City of London that had restricted access but needed structural support. That was in 1998 and the Shire Pile was created. Since then the R&D team at Shire have developed more products with a focus on restricted access, concrete-free, easy to install, removable and recyclable for a wide variety of applications. And there are plenty more solutions on the way. Contact us if you have an engineering challenge we can help to solve.Find out more