Harborne Primary School
This Edwardian infant school opened in 1902; a junior school was added to the site in 1912.
A roof fire caused significant damage to the structure of the junior school with more than 60 firefighters tackling the blaze. The damaged resulted in the partial collapse of the roof structure to the single storey classrooms and main hall, leaving the main feature trusses within the Hall partially damaged but in place.
Shire were appointed initially to advise on temporary measures required to stabilize the remaining building structure and then to provide structural advice for the following major re-building / refurbishment works.